No Products in the Cart
When it comes to losing weight and being healthy, sometimes the smallest changes can make a big difference. Here are 15 easy ways you can live a healthier lifestyle.
1. Start writing your goals down. This will make you hold yourself accountable. Having defined goals (wanting to lose 10 pounds by January versus wanting to lose weight) also helps you stick with them.
2. Drink warm lemon water in the morning. This rehydrates your body and gives your digestive system a boost too. Make sure you use real lemon or else it won’t work.
3. Take deep breaths. Taking just a few minutes to inhale and exhale deeply will make you feel calmer and happier. It also increases blood circulation and clears out toxins in your body.
4. Stand up straight. No, we are not asking you to do handstands as in the picture. Having good posture keeps your body aligned so you use your muscles correctly. It also makes you look 10 pounds lighter!
5. Wear a fitness tracker. Pedometer users take nearly 2,500 more steps a day than people who don’t wear them. That’s an extra loss of 10 pounds a year.
6. Use small plates. Many people grew up being told to clean their plate and find it hard to leave food uneaten. By using a smaller plate you can finish your dinner and still cut down on calories.
7. Green tea. One of the biggest benefits of green tea is the boost in metabolism it gives you. And it’s loaded with disease-fighting antioxidants that help keep you healthy.
8. Cook with coconut oil. It’s high in saturated fats that can increase your good cholesterol.
9. No unnecessary nibbling. This means resisting the urge to eat the kids’ leftovers so food doesn’t go to waste, or sampling a little too much when you’re cooking. Remember, every bit adds up.
10. Meal prep. Taking a couple hours once a week to prepare meals will help you stay on track. You’ll be more likely to eat healthy when you’re rushed or tired if you have your meals already prepared.
11. Shop around the store. By shopping the perimeter of the store you’ll limit your exposure to processed foods. Stock up on the fresh fruits, vegetables and lean meats that surround the aisles.
12. Join a CSA. You’ll get a box of fresh, locally grown vegetables each week. You’ll be eating food that’s in season and has fewer pesticides. Once you get them chop them during meal prep and throw them in your pasta, soups, fried rice, etc. Try to use a lot of them for example when you make fried rice use 70-80% veggies and 20% brown rice. It still tastes good.
13. Eat vegetables for every meal and eat them first. Start your meal with a salad or chopped vegetables and dip. Include at least one vegetarian side dish with each meal. Buy frozen Vegetables if you are pressed for time.
14. Work out while watching TV. Keep dumbbells near the television or hold a plank during commercials. Victoria’s Secret model Miranda Kerr boasts that doing planks for just 10 minutes at a time helps keep her figure trim. As per her “You go on the side, on the front, on the other side. Turn music on. Do it every day. It just keeps your whole body toned”.
15. Invest in a blender and make smoothies. It’s an easy way to increase your daily intake of fruits and vegetables. Some of the top blenders include Vitamix, Blendtec, Ninja, and the Magic Bullet.
Related blog posts:
1. Mattress Sizes and Bed Dimensions Chart
3. How Much Does a Twin Mattress Cost?